Saturday, September 17, 2011

Life's Path

The path of life isn’t always clearly marked. We will sometimes come to a fork in the road and not know what direction to take. If we take the wrong branch of the path and find we are going against our principles, we have no recourse except to forge in a new direction.

Today’s political scene is very well marked, so there is little doubt in many people’s minds as to what direction they want to go. I choose to follow the path that the founders carved out in the battle against corporate rule and domination.

This is a path some have abandoned because it can be difficult. It is steep and rocky, with many hurdles to overcome, but this path fits my principles and values. I take this direction because I feel that, as a citizen, I have a duty to allow others to have their opinions and opportunities and not condemn them for not sharing mine.

This nation was inspired by many men with different views who put those views aside to work together and make a new world ..... one free of the influence of corporations and religion. Over the years we have worked to include all people in this new world. I admit it is hard to accept the radical and extreme views of some of our countrymen and their refusal to work together. All I know is that it isn’t the path I want to venture down.

I see the outcome as disastrous to this nation, but many are rushing along this path at a break-neck speed, not willing to compromise or veer from this collision course.

If we want to preserve this nation we need to work together. United means we must put aside our differences and comprise. Without this the path we are on will lead to ruin and discord. No one group can have it entirely their way.

1 comment: